Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. DC Training Manager in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Develop (as needed), implement, facilitate/train, and coordinate, all Exempt and Non-Exempt training programs within the Distribution Center. Oversee and develop Distribution Center Training Team. Support Distribution Center Operation Management with all training initiatives to include warehouse management system implementation and training. Coordinate and provide ongoing training to both Exempt and Non-Exempt associates. Conduct and/or participate in all Managing Performance competency/behavior-based training for exempt associates. Develop and deliver in-house training modules for exempt and non-exempt associates. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining all scheduling, tracking and assessments for Exempt and Non-Exempt associates training.
Serve as a “Point of Contact” with the Distribution Center Operations Management Team and the Temporary Agency Team. Operations Management contact with regard to any low performance concerns with Agency Associates.
Responsible for the Distribution Center, Spanish Language Program and ESL program (as applicable).
- Interface and coordinate with the DC Operations management team in order to plan, implement and execute required training for DC Exempts & NE’s.
- Develop and/or implement training curriculum for various DC training programs, to include the required support material, planning program format and coordinate and deliver presentations.
- Develop, initiate and coordinate follow-up training aids for the various warehouse training programs, ensuring all training objectives are achieved. Identify and recommend job functions and/or departments that may need additional training and/or retraining.
- Manage and document all training history for NE and Exempt associates, to include certification documentation, retraining efforts and other necessary training documentation.
- Oversee the Temp Associate training program, to include feedback to the Agency On-Site Management on the effectiveness of Training Supervisors and Trainers.
- In partnership with Agency On-Site Manager, conduct weekly meetings with Training Supervisors and Trainers (all shifts) to review new associate progress, any specific issues/concerns the group needs to address.
- Track new associate performance coordinating coaching and retraining for underperforming associates, and holding Temp Agency accountable for delivering any necessary corrective actions to Temp associates.
- Help support HR with coverage/supervision when needed. In partnership with Engineering to ensure best methods/standards are implemented and being followed. Other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Analysis and Judgment
- Developing People
- Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- BS/BA in a related business area preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in Distribution Operations, Human Resources, or Training
- 2-4 years of Exempt level training course facilitation
- Comprehensive knowledge of Distribution Center operations and DC merchandise flow
- Familiarity with the WMS/Retek system
- Effective group presentation/learning facilitation skills
- Robust planning/organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; Spanish bilingual skills helpful
- 5 years experience to directly supervise/direct a team.
- Supervision of multiple shifts of Ross and temporary trainers.
- Spanish Training Supervisor (CA and SC DC’s)
- ESL Instructor (via Agency)…depends upon DC