Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Administrative Assistant – VP (Legal) in Dublin, California
Provides general administrative support to the Vice Presidents for Employment and Commercial Law. Ensure all day-to-day activities are resolved by maintaining ongoing communication, organizing all routine departmental activities, and handling special projects, as needed.
• Perform general administrative office duties of a responsible and confidential nature, executing, with a high degree of accuracy and minimal direction, support at the highest level.
• Maintain a variety of complex, highly confidential records and files, including electronic files.
• Coordinate both VPs calendars and meetings, as appropriate.
• Work closely with other executive level admins to ensure coverage during absences.
• Act as liaison between department managers and their staff in matters involving the VPs, including meetings and documentation.
• Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the attorneys to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to and handled in a manner to minimize the effect of the absence.
• Work independently, with minimal supervision, to coordinate project work as assigned, including taking responsibility for scheduling meetings, tracking deliverables and flagging due dates, etc.
• Process documents received via U.S. Mail, email, or online databases, utilizing approved processes.
• Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, meeting coordination, and ensure office requirements and facilities at destination are arranged, if required.
• Manage expense reports in an accurate timely manner.
• Receive and screen communications to the VPs, including telephone calls and, recorded messages and provide assistance, using independent judgment, to determine those which require priority attention.
• Exhibit a professional demeanor and enhance Legal department and organization reputation.
• Planning and Organizing
• Analysis and Judgment
• Credibility and Trust
• Results Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• College-level course work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including advanced level of proofreading, editing and grammar skills
• Excellent telephone skills
• Ability to type 60 words per minute accurately
• Advanced skills in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and other software, Microsoft Office, i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, with frequent interruptions, and without direction
• Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
• Ability to quickly learn new software and databases
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work as a key team member with a diverse group of professional staff
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.