Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Business Analyst (Office of the CIO) in Dublin, California
The Business Analyst for Office of the CIO will help support all operational and analytical needs for IT which includes, Human Performance, Headcount Budgeting, Pyramid Analysis, Space Management, Communication & Recruiting. This position will assist with IT operational governance to enable operational efficiencies, financial transparency / containment, and policy compliance. This position will be responsible for working cross-functionally with IT Finance and other IT Portfolios to provide insights, mitigate risks to the IT budgets, in addition to assisting with the running of IT as a business unit. This individual will be involved in administering IT’s intranet and in performing detailed analysis on various aspects of the IT pyramid. Areas of focus include analysis, documentation, process improvement, troubleshooting, and relationship management.
- Support IT operational processes, providing services for portfolios which enable consistent and effective execution of departmental goals.
- Contribute to analysis, planning, metric or status reporting, and other assigned special projects as required.
- Identify and create operational process improvements to drive efficiencies and clarity in the organization.
- Collaborate with Finance and Contracts on funding for projects, resource payroll, headcount budget, contracts terms and other finance related operational tasks.
- Assist with headcount budgeting, recruiting, onboarding, space management, performance management, and communication function for the IT organization.
- Gather and document status updates for operational, repeatable projects/process.
- Learning on the Fly
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Retail and/or IT field
- Proficient with MS Excel analysis & presentation – formulas, V-lookup, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to understand Finance acumen
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects forward
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to connect the dots and understand the inner workings of the dependent processes
- Ability to build stable working relationships
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must maintain confidentiality due to exposure to salary info, future jobs and IT budget
- Ability to interact at ease with upper management, confident and enthusiastic
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.