Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Coordinator, Real Estate Market Research in Dublin, California
Assist the Real Estate Market Research department with market research and analysis function of the Property Development Department. Maintain agenda and documentation for meetings supporting store location strategy including Five Year Planning meetings, Priority Meetings, and Real Estate Committee. Provide support and update data related to new and existing stores, which includes demographic, competitor, and other related data. Provide assistance to the Senior VP, VP, and Sr. Directors of Real Estate Market Research for special projects as needed while assisting the department to meet its annual goals.
- Exercise independent judgment and personal initiative in performing responsible and difficult technical, specialized, and complex administrative and analytical work of a confidential nature. Support the team when necessary to streamline departmental workflow and communications. Provide assistance to the Senior VP , VP, and Sr. Directors of Real Estate Market Research for special projects as needed
- Use independent judgment to facilitate communication between brokers, deal makers, and other internal stakeholders for resolution / assistance (LOI, site plans, deal points, etc.).
- Track and monitor Real Estate Committee (REC) approval process for potential and existing stores including coordination with Brokers, Deal Makers, Executives, and Real Estate Research team.
- Create and maintain files for newly-approved sites, including all correspondence and minutes from the Real Estate Committee and Priority meetings. Responsible for the generation of memorandum for store lease option exercise, lease amendments, kickout, and GOB for executives and the Real Estate Committee. Update new store files and pdSiteLink accordingly. This includes handling of very sensitive information including Legal documents and Real Estate committee communication.
- Conduct research, assemble data, and analyze information to prepare reports and documents from outside sources for new store sites under consideration. Information to include maps, aerial photographs, site plans, demographics, traffic studies, mobility data, and competitor monitoring and reporting. Includes Internet research or other research methods in order to obtain the pertinent information. Ability to determine what information is deemed necessary for each project.
- Assist in the assembly of Site Submissions for new development sites, and distribute to relevant departments and Real Estate Committee members.
- Generate geofencing parameters based on location data for existing store base and update chain-wide customer generator mapping. Monitor bi-annual Zip Code Survey in order to determine when each store survey is complete. Contact the manager if the survey is not being completed accurately at the registers. Facilitate compilation of data and transformation into map-ready files.
- Accurately perform updates in pdSiteLink with attention to detail and making any necessary corrections. Responsible for quality control and process improvement recommendations for pdSiteLink to maintain data integrity and increase functionality.
- Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, and meeting coordination.
- Planning & Organization
- Technical Competence
- Process Improvement
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 1 Year of experience in real estate research or location strategy OR 3 Years of experience in project coordination
- Advanced grammar, vocabulary, and editing skills performed with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven experience communicating professionally and effectively (both verbally and written) with senior level internal and external contacts.
- Advanced skills with Excel and Word. Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn custom Real Estate software programs such as pdSiteLink, MapInfo (GIS), and others.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS) preferred.
Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements (including any travel, lifting, pushing, or pulling)
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.