Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Director of Investigations in Dublin, California
The primary responsibility of the Loss Prevention Director, RISC is to manage day to day operations of the Ross Investigative & Safety Center (RISC). The Director, RISC is responsible for leading all internal/external investigative efforts through the use of technology and other available resources (i.e. exception reporting, store and corporate reporting, etc.) that are designed to support both the RISC and Field Loss Prevention organization. The Director, RISC works closely with partners in various pyramids within the company to help deliver the company and LP mission. The Director, RISC must be results oriented with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Must be effective at developing effective partnerships and managing execution at a company level.
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Assess available reporting for opportunities to enhance RISC effectiveness.
- Achieve shortage reduction goals for the organization.
- Understand and respond to shortage processes and analytics.
- Identify shortage risks through regular review of indicator reports.
- Partner with operations and other pyramids to identify RISC solutions to address/minimize operational shortage.
- Direct analysis of LP initiatives and metrics to identify inconsistencies, areas of opportunity, and root causes.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Drive internal/external theft resolution through all available investigative resources, i.e., remote monitoring, exception reporting, store and system reports, internet surveillance, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
- Partner with peers and business partners, to identify, design, and develop additional RISC tools and reporting to assist the field organization with driving internal/external case resolution.
- Monitor RISC KPI’s to manage resource allocation and adjust with business needs.
- Stay current on employee dishonesty trends and activities.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Support response effort to address serious incidents or accidents; timely and accurate communication to appropriate leadership may also be required.
- Responsible for strategies with incident and crisis response for stores, offices and buildings to include the development, management and communication, training and technologies to enhance the RISC team on crisis and incident response.
- Respond and communicate serious incidents and potential crisis situations.
- Regularly review and improve procedures on incident and crisis response
- Ensure RISC travel monitoring program is being executed per guidelines and respond to critical incidents with urgency
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Manage recruiting efforts to identify top RISC talent.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of LP training and awareness materials designed for RISC associates as well as other field leaders.
- Effective collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure collaborative solutions that impact shortage control.
- Drives the onboarding, ongoing training and development, and performance management of RISC associates.
- Responsible for the development and execution LP policies and procedures.
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Strategic Agility
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Org Agility
- Decision Quality
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA degree or greater is desired, preferably in Criminal Justice, Finance, or Business.
- 7-10 years of related Loss Prevention or Retail work-experience
- 7 years of previous management or supervisory experience required
- Must have proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with exception reporting systems (i.e. Aspect, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with and knowledge of various CCTV systems.
- Knowledge of civil and criminal retail theft laws is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects.
- Experience in the successful implementation of loss prevention, shortage control, accident reduction and fraud prevention programs.
- Supervisory and leadership abilities.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Sr. Managers, RISC
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.