Ross Stores, Inc. Document Specialist, Real Estate Law in Dublin, California
Responsible for maintaining the master (Property Development) Store files in a secured area, including the filing of all incoming documents and correspondence, scanning and indexing all legal documents, and general data input into Property Development’s computerized database. Print execution sets of lease documents for execution by Ross Management. Notarize legal documents. Manage the off-site storage of Property Development documents. Assist and/or fill in for the RE Law administrative assistant in performing general office duties on an as needed basis.
- Perform daily all filing in the master Store files maintained by Property Development and maintain the files in numerical order and secured manner. Scan all legal documents into the pdSiteLink system prior to filing, and generating an accurate, updated Index for the Store file. Check out (and keep track of) Store files to Property Development employees, and re-file upon their return. Maintain Property Management file inventory and account for missing files.
- Prepare execution sets of documents to be executed by Ross Management, as needed.
- Notarize legal documents generated in Property Development.
- Prepare files that are required to be sent to off-site storage. Maintain storage log. Retrieve as needed.
Perform general office duties, as needed, as a “back up” for the RE Law administrative assistant, such as:
Open, date-stamp and distribute all incoming mail
- Create new files
- Prepare airbills for monthly Federal Express shipments
- Assist as telephone backup during meetings and lunch hours
- Various other tasks, responsibilities, and projects as needed
- Quality of Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic computer skills, and ability to learn and use pdSiteLink system
- Must have good telephone skills
- Operate copier and fax machine
- Notary public preferred
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Position requires standing for prolonged periods of time and bending
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.