Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Investor & Media Relations Analyst in Dublin, California
The Investor & Media Relations Analyst will be responsible for executing certain aspects of the company’s investor-related programs, including: assisting with the preparation of earnings and board related materials, tracking consensus estimates and analysts’ research reports, keeping abreast of competitive landscape, maintaining database of management interactions with the investment community, tracking stock prices, and analyzing shareholder base. This individual will have a high level of exposure to the company’s executive team and report directly to the Vice President, Investor & Media Relations.
- Contributing to the drafting and review of quarterly earnings and board-related materials including analysis/tracking of sales, earnings, margins, ratios, stock price performance, competitor trends, and industry developments. Assisting with ad-hoc requests from management based on business needs.
- Responsible for maintaining a database of interactions with the analyst and investment community and reporting on quarterly changes in share ownership to senior management. Also responsible for analyzing shareholder information to help assist with developing an annual IR marketing plan.
- Monitor and prepare reports on relevant data impacting company, peers, and industry. This includes daily stock price movements with updates to senior leaders, consensus estimates, sales trends across retail peers, and relevant government data impacting the consumer space.
- Other responsibilities include managing the investor relations website and mailbox, and collaborating with Marketing and Property Development on external media releases.
- Analysis & Judgment
- Financial Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Interest in Retail Industry
- Results Oriented
- Technical Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, business, finance, economics preferred
- Strong finance background, solid understanding of finance and financial statements
- Minimum 3 years of business experience, interest in investor relations preferred
- Highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Impeccable ethics, the ability to think independently; effective at communicating and educating others cross-functionally
- Must possess professional manner in dealing with senior management and stakeholders
- Strong planning, organizational, and execution skills with attention to detail and accuracy in all work performed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and function well in fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.