Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Lead, Project (New Stores) in Dublin, California
New Store Project Lead is responsible for ensuring new stores receive fixture permits and all fixtures are installed in time for grand opening, for Ross and dd’s. This includes ensuring processes are clear and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversees multiple new store fixture installations during a new store window.
- Generates project recaps with photos to close out projects
- Collaborates with field leaders, Construction, IT, Store Planning, Finance, Marketing, and other key business partners to provide operational strategy and direction.
- Ensure all missing and damaged fixtures/signage are ordered in a timely manner.
- Manage the new store “punch-list” to ensure items are completed in a timely manner.
- Track all project costs to remain within the budget. Produces a monthly forecast document to the finance team for the monthly existing store capital report.
- Work directly with internal Property Development/Construction Project Managers, internal Store Planning and Design partners (who own CAD / store drawings).
- Works directly with Permit vendor to apply, track, and approve fixture permits in time for grand opening; immediately resolves permitting issues in partnership with local/city governments, external vendors and contractors (including fixture vendors, general contractors, and fixture installers), and internal construction project managers
- Track new store fixture installation and permit costs to remain within the budget. Produces a monthly forecast document to the finance team for the monthly existing store capital report.
- Travels to Ross and dd’s discounts stores to oversee quality and delivery of fixtures, installation, and overall project execution
•Managing and Measuring Work
•Drive for Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
•7 years of retail management experience that includes project management
•Strong Customer focus. Anticipates customer needs and takes action to meet them; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction and improve process
•Ability to successfully influence and drive results through cross-functional partnerships
•Demonstrated ability to manage projects from creation to implementation
•Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently with minimal direction
•Proven ability to think strategically and determine impact of decisions on the business
•Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
•Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
•Advance proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of theprimary duties and responsibilities of the job and position.It is not intended to be a comprehensive orall-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.Contents are subject to change atmanagement’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We considerindividuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilitiesand experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’soverall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverseworkforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibitingdiscrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin,ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includespregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related topregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status,marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (includingcancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, genderidentity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other categoryprotected by federal, state or local laws.