Ross Stores, Inc. Lead, Store Initiatives in Dublin, California
The Store Initiatives Lead will be responsible for driving all cross-functional change management elements in Stores, including developing communication and training tools and strategies, partnering with Field Leaders, gaining approvals through the appropriate channels and implementing change plans. A key component of this role is having an understanding of all Store Operations processes, policies and procedures, as well as building close working relationships with Field Leaders and Stores.
- Create and deliver effective change management strategies and tools for both Ross and dd’s Stores that align with business objectives and drive adoption of new Store initiatives, as well as continual execution post rollout.
- Develop communication that translates complex concepts into clear and easy to understand communication with effective layout and design, language, and tone for the intended audience. Designs and produces quality written and visual communications to meet the needs of the Operations group (manuals, store meeting agendas, task management communications, guides, etc.)
- Supports event planning and execution for annual Field Leadership meetings, including project management, budget monitoring, contract management, executive support, branding, etc.
- Executes ad hoc projects as needed by the business or directed by executives
- Regularly visits Stores and leverages Field Leaders to evaluate change strategies and identify improvement opportunities and/or tools that drive execution. Brings knowledge of industry best practices and applies that information to develop solutions to Store needs when appropriate.
- Acts as an advocate for Field needs and serves as escalation contact when appropriate. Attends meetings and conducts status updates with key partners, representing a Field point of view and providing operational input to corporate and Field Leaders as needed.
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Learning on the Fly
- Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 years of retail management experience that includes project management and business process ownership in Store Operations, multi-unit or a hybrid of field and corporate experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Store operations and how other operating areas impact Stores
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage both corporate and Field partners and successfully influence and drive results through cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to manage projects from creation to implementation to maintenance
- Ability to think strategically and determine impact of decisions on the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Advance proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop) preferred/a plus
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Periodically requires travel based on projects/initiatives
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.