Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Officer, Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety in Dublin, California
The Overnight Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer is responsible for promoting the Loss Prevention key objectives through ensuring the safety, security, and protection of company assets within the corporate environment. This position will be responsible for the professional execution of post orders related to daily assignments, including the protection of life and property through the implementation of the building’s fire safety plan including the management of the Fire Command Station. This position will also be responsible for the monitoring of site systems to include CCTV, Access Control, and Fire Panel.
The Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer is also part of the Loss Prevention Ross Investigations and Safety Center (RISC). The RISC is an Investigative and Safety command center which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week within a flexible business model to help support investigations, execute travel monitoring, law enforcement requests, and detailed analysis for shortage trends. RISC serves as the corporate command center and liaison for corporate and Ross facilities during crisis events.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Maintain a visible corporate security presence mitigating the potential loss of property while maintaining a safe and secure work environment
- Monitor and review corporate technologies on a regular basis or as directed
- Communicate potential internal theft indicators to Corporate Security Leadership
- When not responding to Corporate Security matters, support field LP team partners with theft and fraud risk analysis information
- Utilize new/existing theft and fraud tools to effectively address potential risk or fraud to support field LP team partners.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Provide effective security for the corporate facilities to include physical security, safety, alarm response, access control, visitor control and CCTV
- Maintain a professional presence at all times
- Manage and maintain access/key controls/visitor management system, which includes maintaining related supplies dealing with access control issues and technology failures, updating associate profiles and clearances, creating and disabling badges, etc.
- Ensure that life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional
- Respond to and manage Fire Command Station during alarm events
- Participate/Conduct fire and/or evacuation drills as directed
- Provide clear direction and information to employees guests and visitors during emergency situations
- Maintain all logs and records related to Fire/EAP Plan as required by local Fire Code
- Perform CPR/AED and basic first aid as required
- Act as liaison to First responders during building emergencies
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Ensure the security of confidential information
- Monitor and protect the technology infrastructure and all related proprietary information by following security procedures
- Assess and communicate adherence to operational processes and controls
- Utilize daily and weekly checklists to ensure that operational processes and controls are in place to safeguard against corporate exposure
- Support leadership team with the assessment process as assigned
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Increase office awareness of security processes and procedures through positive interactions
- Foster effective external partnerships, liaising with all appropriate professional first responders. (i.e., P.D. /F.D. etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service and timely follow up
- Develop and maintain effective internal partnerships through collaboration
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2 – 3 years of Corporate Security & Fire/Life safety
- Associates degree or equivalent of accredited college credits or equivalent work experience
- Security Guard License preferred
- Proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Must be able to work all shifts including holidays, overnights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, present information to all levels within organization
Must be able to stand for long periods of time if needed
Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25lbs, from one level to another
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
Must be able to climb stairs, ramps or ladders occasionally during shift if needed
Must be able to respond appropriately during crisis events
Must be able to regularly bend, stoop or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need)
Must be willing to work holidays, off hours and weekends
3rd party security personnel if needed
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.