Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Paralegal, Contracts in Dublin, California
The key functions of this position are: reviewing, drafting, and processing a variety of contracts, including amendments, addendums, non-disclosure agreements, event agreements, statements of work, work orders, order forms, and termination notices to support the corporation’s IT, distribution, store operations, human resources, finance, marketing, loss prevention, and property management teams. The individual will assess incoming contract requests for completeness, and review, draft, and support negotiation of contract documents and interact with internal business stakeholders and attorneys and vendors or their representatives, as directed. All of these tasks will be under the supervision and direction of a licensed attorney supervisor.
Contract review, analysis and drafting
- Review and analyze contracts and redlines
- Draft and redline contracts and provide written and oral recommendations to attorney supervisor and business requestors as directed
- Support negotiation of contracts with vendors or their representatives as directed
- Support periodic updates to and distribute contract templates
- Assist business stakeholders with contracts finalization support including signature authority, electronic signatures, counterpart signatures, etc.
- Track required cross functional approvals required from the Risk Management and IT Security teams
- Maintain Excel log of incoming contract requests
- Assess internal contract review requests and complete initial intake checklist for contracts requests
- Provide appropriate contract templates to business stakeholders
- Communicate department processes to business stakeholders and contract requestors
Contract Projects and Commercial Law Group Support
- Upload contracts into database
- Prepare contract reports
- Assist in-house counsel with maintaining contracts budget
- Support records management program
- Support other attorneys and paralegals in group with commercial projects and other assignments
- Integrity & Trust
- Written Communication
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.A. degree required
- Paralegal or equivalent experience required; paralegal certificate a plus
- Three to five years experience in an in-house legal department or law firm preferred
- Experience with reviewing, drafting, and handling contracts
- Knowledge of contracts, best practices and implications / objectives / ramifications of contractual provisions
- Excellent organization skills, with a passion for details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work and coordinate with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance is required.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.