Ross Stores, Inc. Staff Accountant Inventory Control in Dublin, California
Responsible for ongoing production of inventory related reports that are distributed on a regular basis. Provide detailed reporting of inventory related results, metrics, and ad-hoc inquiries.
Responsible the processing of semi-annual Physical Inventories including count set-up, inbound file validation, related reporting, validation of results and cut-offs. Responsible for month-end close including compilation, posting and validation of journal entries. Responsible for ad-hoc manual inventory adjustments to ensure inventory accuracy. Evaluate, review and update inventory control systems and reports.
• Prepare and distribute various inventory related reports including Physical Inventory flash, daily receipts reporting, and other inventory related scheduled reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, etc)
• Perform ad-hoc data to partner teams based on business needs or requests
• Responsible for inventory control reconciliations and reporting which are submitted to auditors
• Responsible for semi-annual Physical Inventory process including daily processing and producing physical inventory results and maintaining inventory data
• Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing reporting procedures. Participate in systems implementations including requirements documentation and testing
• Adaptable to changing priorities
• Business Acumen
• Results Driven
• Detail Oriented
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3 years of related experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong PC skills (proficient with Microsoft Excel)
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
• Ability to perform job functions independently and complete accurate work within tight deadlines
• Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally
• Comfortable working with confidential information
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• PeopleSoft and Retek system knowledge helpful
• Retail and inventory experience a Plus
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.