Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, California
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO VICE PRESIDENT & DIVISIONAL MERCHANDISE MANAGER
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2015 revenues of $11.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with over 1,270 locations in 34 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 170 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Provides general administrative support for multiple Vice President & Divisional Merchandise Managers.
- Word-processing of all correspondence, assortment plan packaging, performance appraisals, and presentations for multiple buying divisions.
- Effectively handles travel, expense reporting, meeting prep, and calendars of multiple VP/DMM’s.
- Customer service support for associates in division as well as, miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned by the VP/DMM.
- Responsible for follow through with all VP communication and division coordination, with other departments, Human Resources, and all outside sources.
- Effectively maintains and insures processes are in place to protect division’s confidential material.
- Maintains and audits attendance records of all associates within division
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Credibility and Trust
- Planning and Organizing
Expert level, word-processing software
- Expert level, Microsoft Outlook
Intermediate level, spreadsheet applications (Excel) desirable.
Intermediate level, presentation applications (PowerPoint) desirable.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional phone skill.
Minimum of one-year vendor-driven or customer service industry desired.
Prior experience at a large company supporting senior level management.