Ross Stores, Inc. Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, California
Provides general administrative support to Group Vice President. Ensure all day-to-day activities are resolved by maintaining ongoing communication, organizing all routine departmental activities and handling special projects as needed.
- Perform administrative general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature, executing, with minimal direction, secretarial support at the highest level. Maintain a variety of complex records and files. Material is of a highly confidential nature. Processes invoices from outside vendors. Coordinate use of major conference room and maintenance of equipment.
- Act as liaison between department managers and their staff in matters involving the GVP including meetings, documentation, and activities requiring authorized action.
- Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the GVP to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to and handled in a manner to minimize the effect of the absence. Handle projects as assigned, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Independently create presentation decks; and compose memos, letters and other correspondence, as needed, for GVP review and signature, prior to issuance to Senior Management.
- •Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, meeting coordination, and ensure office requirements and facilities at destination are arranged, if required.
- Manage GVP's calendar working closely with other executive level admins to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Receive and screen communications to the GVP including telephone calls and e-mail messages, recorded messages and/or provide assistance using independent judgment to determine which ones require priority attention. Channel and facilitate communication from customers and associates and redirect callers to appropriate department/field representative for resolution/assistance.
- Coordinates and resolves facility issues as necessary.
- Planning and Organizing
- Analysis and Judgment
- Credibility and Trust
- Results Orientation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2- 4 years' experience providing administrative and logistical support to an executive
- College degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including advanced level of proofreading, editing and grammar skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Ability to type 60 words per minute accurately
- Advanced skills in word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and other software, Microsoft Office, i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, with frequent interruptions, without direction
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a key team member with a diverse group of professional staff
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
For those applicants applying for positions in Los Angeles, Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.