Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Director of Merchandise Planning in New York, New York
DIRECTOR OF MERCHANDISE PLANNING
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
• A career that fits you
• Amazing culture and people
• Big company with a family feeling
• Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Director is responsible for leading the strategic initiatives of both regional and chain plans, and ensuring the development of accurate and consistent plans, revisions and projects. Director affectively guides their Management team in the analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory, and OTB levels. Director will partner with the Buying, Allocation and Business Process teams to identify business opportunities and risks to sales and margin. Director provides resolution and high level analysis of the plan roll-ups, identifies risk/opportunities while making recommendations to DMM/GMM and VP of planning. Partners with Buying and Allocation to optimally manage the Division business with corporate strategic guidelines.
• Develops and fosters a cohesive team environment with all cross-functional partners
• Trains and develops management team on thought processes to analyze and forecast sales, margin and turn relative to plan, trend and history
• Reviews projections/analysis with Managers for consistency, strategic alignment and thought process
• Responsible for meeting sales, margin and turn targets
• Partners with GMM’s and Merchant team to develop a clear understanding of the customer and product strategies
• Partners with Buying, Allocation and Business process to ensure execution of strategy
• Assist GMM/DMM/Planning in Management and maintain company turn and GM goals
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires 10 years of merchandise planning. Minimum of 7 years’ experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting and OTB
• Minimum of 5 years of prior supervisory experience
• Minimum of 5 years of store class planning experience
• Demonstrated decision-making ability
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Ability to partner and influence
• Highly effective written/verbal communication and collaborative skills
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Strong retail and math skills
• Thorough knowledge of planning systems, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
• 4-year college degree required