Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Business Information Functional Reporting in New York, New York
Ross Stores is building a new Master Data Office, which will be transformational for the organization. The Manager of Business Information will be an important leader in this new group, both on the team and across the organization. This person will oversee a team of business analysts supporting the reporting and data needs across the organization in addition to strategic corporate initiatives. He/she will work directly with the Business and our IT partners on critical cross functional projects that will impact the future of Ross Stores.
• Team Management
o Oversee the day to day activities of the Business Analysts based in the New York Buying Office.
o Coach and develop direct reports in elevating approach to reporting and data, providing interpretation and analysis that is objective and action oriented.
o Provide input and guidance on business requirements documents, test plans and overall solutioning for reporting projects.
o Ensure project time-lines are adhered to and any delays are communicated in a timely manner.
• Relationship Management
o Develop partnerships acting as a liaison between the technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and provide guidance on reporting and data needs.
o Facilitate meetings; issue tracking/resolution, escalation etc. as you follow a report/data request from submission through to delivery.
o Lead training classes, collect user feedback, and support the users as needed.
o Lead post deployment validation as instructed by project leadership or management.
• Reporting Initiatives:
o Gather and document business requirements for report and data requests.
o Ensure compliance with data and reporting standards, roles and responsibilities.
o Lead creation and review of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, scripts and results.
o Develop training materials and job aides to support reporting rollouts.
o Identify and mitigate any project related risks.
• Business Acumen
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Develop Motivated Teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
• At least 5-8 years experience; preferably in Retail and in a Business, Business Support or IT role
o Broad systems knowledge of major retail applications
• Hands on experience with BI tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSAS, etc.)
• Motivated by driving business impact
• Ability to inspire others and lead teams
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with VP level and above
• Ability to flex style across different stakeholders (for instance, senior leadership or day-to-day operational stakeholders)
• Ability to build and maintain stable working relationships
• Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects forward
• Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills; able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
• Some travel may be required
• Commensurate level of working business knowledge
• Hands on experience with BI tools (i.e. MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSAS, etc.)
• High degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with merchandise planning processes and tools is a plus
• Visio skills is a plus
• Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
• Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
• May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
2-senior business analysts, 2 business analysts
This position description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.