Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Analyst, Merchant Operations in New York, New York
SR. ANALYST, MERCHANT OPERATIONS
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016 revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,340 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 190 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Merchandise Operations group conducts a variety of daily operations and projects meant to improve the connection between Merchants and other departments, primarily Supply Chain. The Senior Analyst will play a key role in supporting senior leaders tasked with transforming operations and developing new competencies to drive our growing business. The Senior Analyst will work directly on cross-functional projects and internal initiatives in support of retail merchandising, planning, transportation, distribution, and operations.
- Perform practical, action oriented, and comprehensive data analysis in support of Merchandise Operations initiatives and problem-solving for the Buying Organization.
- Conduct analysis by compiling financial, operational, or statistical data and building and analyzing reports tailored to the business issue.
- Develop and refine compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally.
- Support cross-functional initiatives by partnering with Transportation, Production Planning, DC operations, Merchants, etc.
- Gather information from several sources including systems, internal team members, and business partners to perform analysis, communicate initiative status, and document findings.
- Help drive potential solution options, analyze those options, and create ongoing recommendations from them.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of work experience, preferably in Retail, Consulting, or Supply Chain related position(s). Experience of conducting complex analysis and communicating its findings is more important than functional experience.
- Outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect problems.
- Must be able to set priorities while conducting analysis or creating deliverables to quickly arrive at actionable output.
- Detail-oriented approach; must pay close attention to details and have the drive to get things right.
- Strong communication; must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with the internal team and business partners.
- Teamwork and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the Merchandise Operations team.
- Strong fundamental business skills; must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient.