Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. DC Operations Manager in Perris, California
Accountable for the production/distribution functions of assigned area(s). Manages and trains DC supervisory personnel to meet established production requirements of merchandise through the distribution center. Executes production plans that optimize turn time and expedite merchandise through the distribution center in an accurate, cost-effective manner. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging associate relations environment which remains issue free.
Manages staff to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores
- Responsible to ensure quality of work and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the production records, reports and numbers.
- Establishes area objectives and coaches Area Supervisors to reach their team’s productivity goals.
- Acts as a troubleshooter to assist in resolving day-to-day problems, as well as long-term resolution planning.
- Provides Area Supervisors operational guidance in organizing and prioritizing daily work and staffing needs to meet production goals.
Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free environment in a demanding work environment.
- Recommends, interprets, implements, and makes decisions to resolve conflicts according to company and Distribution Center guidelines and philosophies.
- Coaches Supervisors on MAP…Managing Associate Performance.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to keep Area Supervisors abreast of shifts in priorities and to keep communication open and continual.
Manages all administrative tasks and functions for responsible department(s).
- Selects, motivates, and trains qualified supervisory staff. Partners with the Human Resource Department regarding reviews, interviewing, hiring, terminations, and corrective counseling within responsible area.
- Researches inefficiencies in problem areas and makes recommendations in methods, procedures, or systems, to improve productivity & quality.
- Guides and directs Area Supervisors in the administration of associate performance evaluations.
- Maintains daily paperwork, such as time and production records.
Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities
- Maintains safe and clean work areas.
- Interfaces with senior DC leadership on production planning and staffing needs.
- Attends daily shift production meeting to report projected volumes & issues to senior DC management
- Planning & Organizing
- Drive Results
- Analysis and Judgment
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written)
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years management experience in a similar retail production/distribution environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- 3-5 DC Area Supervisors, with up to 150 Hourly Associates
- 1-2 Merchandise Expeditors