Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. IT Operations Supervisor in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Encompassing the weekends, this position is responsible for providing leadership and support to those directly supervised. Provide staffing to ensure operational/customer/user expected service levels are met or exceeded. Initiate corrective action and solutions to production software and hardware problems. Provide operational input, and develop strategies to meet technical project objectives. Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects.
The internal functions of the position require monitoring of specific technology as well as support and maintenance of company hardware while maintaining predetermined user service level agreements.
Position will require the individual to interface with vendors that support equipment for problem determination/resolution. Position also requires individual to develop and document new procedures and standards as required by business activities, which includes close ties with other IT groups. Clear and timely communication (verbal and written) is expected to both staff and senior management.
• Develop and schedule the staff required to meet the production shift requirements.
• Ensure that all daily operational activities are successfully completed. Escalation of all problems per established processes.
o Review Operational production schedules. Insure all processing is completed on time according to SLA.
o Review critical messages on the alert console. Insure all critical messages have been escalated and responded to by the responsible support teams.
o Insure ad-hoc requests are received, review, and acted upon in a timely manner in accordance to the request.
o Work with production control to insure batch processing is executed in the most efficient way possible.
• Assemble and oversee initial incident support teams
o Train staff member to quickly recognize and escalate critical events that could result in outages
o Insure Support Teams are engaged for incident resolution
o Track incidents and escalate
• Train and update staff to use the Control-M job scheduling tool
o Insure staff is proficient with the tool
o Identify efficiencies in use of the tool
o Review batch requests. Insure requests are logical and achievable by the operations staff.
• Insure critical console board message is proactively monitored
o Engage support teams to drive down the number of nuisance messages
o Build metrics to identify, track, escalate, and resolve repetitive events
• Collaborate with others throughout IT to ensure timely and successful issue resolution
• Build and maintain department metrics, as required
• Identifies new methods of improving system performance and stability
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Motivating Others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 5 years of experience supporting IT Operations / NOC in a distributed systems environment.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
• Two years of leadership experience is required.
• Technical orientation balanced by project management discipline. Able to supervise internal analysts, consultants, non-technical business resources and external vendor resources.
• Five years of experience with batch processing and job scheduling tools. Experience with Control-M is preferred.
• Five years of experience with event console management. Experience with CA UIM is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and executive leadership.
• Experience in risk identification and management.
• Experience working for a national retailer with multiple stores preferred.
• A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
• Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI.
• Ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
• Some travel may be required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Solid understanding of retail dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment.
• Working experience with Control-M, CA Unicenter, CA UIM, ServiceNow.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio
• Experience in a 24/7 environment Operations Center environment
• Experience working in a large data center environment
• Understanding of Change Management concepts
• Prior experience managing Critical Incidents and Events
• Hands-on knowledge of racking, stacking and cabling of hardware.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.