Type your MOC/MOS or military title in the field below to search for jobs using our Military-to Civilian-Occupation Translator.
Ross Stores, Inc. Loss Prevention Associate in Shafter, California
To assist in the protection of assets of the Ross Stores, Inc. logistics network by manning post positions, patrols, and CCTV monitoring. This individual must use extreme confidentiality in respecting employees’ privacy within the company guidelines and procedures. This individual will provide communication of all activity to peers and superiors as well as express all questions and concerns relating to the job to the LP Supervisors.
• Conduct safety and security tours of the distribution center identifying unsafe acts, weaknesses in the protection program, etc.
• Discover and document facts by conducting basic investigations into associate dishonesty, power equipment accidents, personnel injury accidents, etc.
• Respond to emergency situations, such as medical, fire, weather, haz mat and security related incidents and take appropriate actions, as stated by corporate policy.
• Conduct on-going loss prevention and safety awareness programs for associates, to include presenting new hire orientation programs.
• Conduct audits that are designed to uncover associate dishonesty, paperwork errors (i.e., miss-picks, etc.) and compliance to governmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, USDA, BATF, DEA, etc.). As well as security audits to ensure physical security standards.
• All associates must know the contents of the security procedures manual and support the printed regulations therein.
• Quality • Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Communication • Collaboration
• Adaptability • Technical/Functional Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Security Guard Card required. (California Only)
• Basic knowledge of loss prevention and safety practices, to include knowledge of fire/burglar alarm and CCTV.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must maintain current certification in the following: 1) Basic First Aid, 2) CPR, 3) Oxygen Administration (if applicable) and 4) Blood borne Pathogen.
• Successfully complete a detailed security background investigation that may include the following; credit history, criminal history and motor vehicle driving history.
• Must be a person of integrity and possess highest ethical standards.